Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Brief Update



Yesterday we started working at the individual schools. Our days are essentially 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Swifts (Emily & I) and then 4:00 to 5:00 at Arusha School. As you can probably imagine, it is tiring beyond belief but I seriously do enjoy every moment of it. Andrew and I are working together leading a music after school program...with a twist. We're doing more of song-writing/lyric-writing/beat-boxing and RAPPING. :D It's going to be amazing. They can already make the "TSSS" and the "KKUH!" sounds quite well.

An image in words to leave you with:
* * Over 40 children in a tiny classroom clapping
"ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR! ** TSS, TSS, TSS, TSSS"

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am wondering how/where you got the quote from the Gold Rush student at the top of your page? I am a teacher there and was alerted via Google alerts that a student's work had been posted. I just thought I'd check!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete